Despite the fact that Canon printers have the best and most advanced printing functions, consumers frequently encounter Canon technical issues such as ‘Canon printer not responding to print requests.’ To fix such a printer issue, first, determine the possible causes of the problem, and then follow the troubleshooting steps. We’ve put together a simple tutorial to make you with your task. Stay on this page to discover everything you need to know about how to fix Canon printer issues.
Main Causes of Canon Printer Not Responding
1. Incorrect Canon printer configuration in the device.
2. issues with the internet connection
3. Unwanted software installation on Windows.
4. There are a number of problems with the Canon printer driver.
5. Incorrect USB ports
6. Issues with the device and printer’s connection.
Canon printer not responding issues could be caused by the aforementioned factors.
How to Fix a Canon Printer That Isn’t Working
Small issues can sometimes lead to larger printer issues, such as Canon printer not responding. Try these troubleshooting tips for your printer type to see if they help you solve your issue.
For Canon printers connected to a WiFi/LAN network, follow these steps:
1. Check for a broken network connection. If this is the case, change your network devices, such as your modem and router.
2. Reconnect the LAN or replace the network cable if it is broken or not properly connected.
3. If the Canon printer status is ‘Offline,’ make sure the printer is correctly connected to your network.
4. If the problem is with the wireless network, try using a different wireless connection to get your Canon printer back to work.
If you’re using a USB cable to connect your Canon printer, you’ll need to do the following:
1. Remove the USB cable and perform the Canon printer setup using a WiFi connection if your Canon printer can be connected via WiFi.
2. The Canon printer will not respond to your print command if the cable is not correctly connected to the ports. As a result, unplug and reconnect the printer and computer ports.
3. If your USB cable is broken or deformed, replace it with a new one and use it with caution.
4. If your computer’s CPU has many ports, try plugging the printer’s cable into another USB port and seeing if the Canon printer works.
5. The Canon MP470 printer not responding issues will be fixed after reading and using the troubleshooting techniques provided above.
Advanced Fixes for Canon Printer Not Responding
If your Canon MX922 printer is still not responding after doing the troubleshooting steps, you’ll need to try the advanced remedies. If the current fix does not resolve the Canon printer issues, try the next one.
Fix 1: Make sure your printer is connected to the correct printer port.
Follow the steps below to change the printer port settings if your Canon printer MG3020 is not responding due to incorrect ports in the printer.
1. On the keyboard, press the ‘Windows logo’ key and the ‘R’ key together to open the Run box.
2. Type ‘control’ in the dialogue box and press the ‘Enter’ key to open the ‘Control Panel’ window.
3. Right-click anywhere in the window and select ‘View by’ and ‘Large icons’ before searching for ‘Device and Printers.’
4. Double-click on the devices & Printers tab to open it.
5. find your ‘Canon printer’ printer by name and select it. To expand its options, right-click on it.
6. To make changes to the printer port settings, click ‘Printer properties’ from the drop-down menu.
7. click ‘Change Properties’ from the hit-down menu, then select the ‘Port’ tab.
8. Double-check that the Canon printer port is valid and configured as follows:
The name of the printer port must be the same as the name of your Canon printer model.
‘WSD’, ‘Network’, or ‘IP Address’ must be provided in the ‘Description’ box of the ‘Port’. (If you find connected your printer to a wireless network, you’ll only see these details.)
If you used a USB cable to connect your printer, the printer Post must have the correct ‘USB’ or ‘DOT4’ in the ‘Description’ field.
9. When you’ve finished making the adjustments outlined above, click the ‘Apply’ button.
10. Return to the ‘General’ page and do a ‘Print Test’ to see if the Canon MX922 printer issue has been repaired.
Fix 2: update surely your printer driver is up to current.
The ‘Canon MX490 printer not responding’ problem can potentially be caused by an outdated printer driver. The ‘Driver Easy’ utility will be used to update your Canon printer driver in this technique. This tool will find you in locating the appropriate printer driver for your system. Let’s figure out how to get rid of it before you run into any more printer issues. Update your incorrect or outdated device by following the steps outlined below.
1. Go to the ‘DiverEasy’ website setup page in your device’s web browser.
2. To install the Driver Easy tool, look for the ‘Download’ option and click it.
3. Run the Driver Easy utility after opening the downloaded file.
4. Launch the Driver Easy program and click the ‘Scan Now’ option on the screen.
5. When you click the ‘Scan Now’ button, Driver Easy will scan your device and identify any problems with your printer driver.
6. Once the problems have been identified, follow the on-screen directions to troubleshoot them.
7. Finally, click the ‘Update’ option to replace your Canon printer driver with a new and updated version.
8. After you’ve downloaded the most recent Canon printer driver, run it.
Run a print test after troubleshooting the Canon printer driver problems and installing the newest version to see whether the Canon MX920 printer not responding has been fixed.
Fix 3: Make Use of the Print Spooler Service
You can resolve issues with your print jobs and communication between the printer and computer by rebooting the Printer Spooler service on your device. Follow the steps outlined below to resolve any Canon MX920 printer issues.
1. Press the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys together to open the Printer Spooler service tool.
2. In the dialogue box, type’services.msc’ and press the ‘Enter’ key.
3. Navigate to the ‘Restart’ button on the Print Spooler Services box and click it.
4. Run a print test on any document now.
You’ll know the error has been fixed if the printer is printing the documents correctly. If not, there’s probably another issue with your printer that’s causing your Canon printer to stop printing.
Fix 4: Use the Printer Troubleshooter
Using the built-in printer troubleshooter in Windows, you may resolve any Canon printer issues, particularly when your Canon printer MG3600 is not responding. Follow the steps to quickly fix the issues.
1. Type ‘Troubleshoot’ into the Windows system’s search box and press the ‘Enter’ key.
2. Open the built-in ‘Troubleshooter’ tool by clicking on it.
3. Go to the ‘Printer’ tab and type in the name of your Canon printer.
4. To allow the troubleshooter to scan the printer, click the ‘Run’ option.
Follow the on-screen directions to finish the troubleshooting process. The problems that are causing your Canon printer not responding issues will be fixed in no time if the steps are followed correctly. The Canon Printer Not Responding error should have been resolved after reading the article’s main causes, troubleshooting techniques, and advanced treatments. After you’ve completed each troubleshooting step, run a print test to make the error has been fixed.